Thursday 12 December 2013

That life changing moment


This post has definately taken a very long time to write up as I have been sooo incredibly busy within the last 3weeks. And by 3weeks I mean, this life changing moment happened on November 15th! Told you I have been slack. Now I didn't actually think I would seriously and honestly get to this point in my life where I am at now. I had the "desire and want" to go on a mission but I never thought I would actuay get there. But this day changed my life as my dream turned into a reality. It was a shocker. I screamed when I received the envelope in the mail as I was not expecting it whatsoever. My heart started racing and we started calling everybody up on the phone. Australians and New Zealanders... You name, we were excited. Now we had to decide when we were going to open the envelope whether it was gonna be that same night or the next day. Turns out couldnt wait haha. And so that night my future was told amongst my friends and family. Some I was wishing was there that night to celebrate but when you have friends and families in different countries it just can't be helped. So as I was opening the envelope, I could tell my voice was quavering and I felt I was going to cry. But nope I held it in as I didn't want my makeup to run abd ruin my beautiful face. Kidding guys. But yeah. When I read those words... "Dear sister mcflinn" it hit me because I am going to be soon referred to as that. Like I said, my dream was becoming a reality. I know that prayers are answered and that Heavenly Father listens. And that when we are obedient, we are given our hearts desires. I thought I would be sent somewhere with a language as that's what I had picked on the application but He knew where the best place for me was. And then my heart was saying once I had sent it away... What have you done, you might have just ruined your chances for nz and especially the Hamilton mission. But what do you know... I got called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints as Sister McFlinn in the NEW ZEALAND HAMILTON MISSION. My heart's desires were granted even though I didn't think I would be sent there because all my family is from there. He knows me so well and I am so blessed to be able to serve my friends and family from Feb 27th 2014. But even more priveledged to be serving my Heavenly Father. Without His love and guidance, I wouldn't have be one the person I am. And without Him, I know without a surety of a doubt, that I cannot become the person I am destined to be. The amazing people I am going to be coming across I cannot wait. As they will teach me the things that Heavenly Father needs me to learn. I cannot wait to be humbled with my experiences and see Gods children the way he sees them. To love His children the way He loves them. To be of service and expect nothing in return. We are nothing without LOVE. We are His creation and we are to do His will. Progression in life is the key to a successful and long lived life. If you are stagnant and still, there is no living. There is no progression. It's just the same old day in and day out. I am so blessed to be able to serve in the same mission as the temple that I first entered in dec 4th 2010 and be able to one day serve in the visitors centre as the sister missionaries that I saw there that time I thought, wow you're so pretty!

3years ago Oct 30 2010 MY BAPTISM DAY


The New Zealand Hamilton Temple. The most peaceful place on Earth. The place I call home..


Standing here as a recent convert. Soon I will be standing in front of the Jesus Christ Statue with my missionary badge on my shoulder ahh!


I WILL GO AND PREACH THY GOSPEL HEAVENLY FATHER :)



1 comment: