Wednesday 25 December 2013

The holiday of Christmas

'Oh tis the season to celebrate joy and love. Christmas can be the most magical day on earth. It is I believe one of the only days that families truly DO get together and spend time with one another. There is never NOT an excuse to spend time with them because what can I say... THE ENTIRE WORLD shuts down for this one day so that we all can be as one and spend it AS one. 

Some people believe that Christmas is all about presents and Santa Claus and the North Pole. Some people believe that it is the day Jesus Christ was born to the Virgin Mary in the city of Bethlehem. Some people don't even celebrate Christmas. I believe that Christmas is such a magical day when we spend time together. Sure we can get presents and give presents to others but as long as we never forget the true meaning of the Christmas spirit, is all that matters. And WHY we have Christmas. We don't just make it a public holiday so it robs families of their money, but we are to celebrate Jesus Christ and remember him. Remember what he done for us and that yes he was born through the help and powers of god to an amazing lady who was known as the Virgin Mary.

Christ sacrificed a lot for us. And when I say "a lot" I mean he sacrificed his LIFE for each one of us. Now it wasn't he went to war to battle for our freedom physically. But he gave up everything for us spiritually so that we can enter the kingdoms of heaven and be with our father in heaven again. We need to ask ourselves why are we here today on this earth... We need to realise our purpose and sometimes life seems hard but we weren't sent here for an easy life. We fought in the war of heaven to come to earth. We earns the right to be here today. And through the love of Christ we can be forgiven for our many wrongdoings and sins and we may hopefully one day be worthy to be back home again. 

I loved Christmas this year and it was because I got to spend it with some amazing friends and family. But this will be my last Christmas in Australia til I come back home for my mission. Next year I will be spending Christmas in New Zealand and then 2015 maybe back in Australia or maybe net to the states! I'm not too sure.

Now that christmas is over, it is almost exactly 8weeks until I depart for the mission field in Hamilton New Zealand! So nervous. But grateful for the opportunity to serve my saviour. My lord and my king <3

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!


No comments:

Post a Comment