Sunday 15 September 2013

The City of Lights

And that is what it was. A city of lights.

So the other night, i did not want to go out at all. I was far from it. I just got back home which is 35min drive from town and then hello my sister wants to go out that night. Just a sudden thought. Shes starting to become a little spontaneous like me and thats a scary thought. Anyway, i was like no, no, no but i felt inside of me the very thought of go, go, go! Was it a prompting... should i listen?

I reluctantly gave myself over to HER will and went. We took my brothers and baby sister out to see the city. And let me tell you, it ended up being one of the best nights out with the kids.

It was so crazy!!!!! We didnt know that there was going to be anything held in the city. But it was the Brisbane City of Lights festival and so there was so many people! We went on the city ferris wheel and was able to watch brisbane light up along the city waters at 9pm. Not many people had that privelidge but we were those lucky few. And then we saw a guy juggling knives on a free standing ladder!

So the main reason for this post was the fact that this night really showed me the importance of spending time as a family. I am so glad that my sister pushed it and we all went. We had so many laughs and i got to know a side to my brother Kauri that i never knew. I found out his interests abd what he likes to do. Carrying Jamie on my shoulders when he was tired and being there to show the kids that we are pretty cool sisters and not just the people who growl them and slap them. My brothers and sisters really are such good kids but at times I fail to see it. When you compare them to others they really are angels. And tonight i was reminded of that. They are Heavenly Fathers children and of course they play up but they have such innocent hearts. I am so blessed to have each one of them as my brother or sister.

I now understand why we should allocate time to spend as a family and to push aside the worldly things to spend only a few hours as a family. Your bond will get closer and stronger if you follow that counsel.

I know that when showed the kids the temple that night they absolutely loved it. I know that my family will be eternal. I believe that even though we are not sealed as one that Heavenly Father still has a plan for us and that there is always hope for in the later future. But i DO know without a shadow of a doubt that i dont have anything to worry. I WILL have my own eternal family in the near future. My husband and children WILL be sealed to me. I WILL have an eternal family. And that is the greatest thing and the ONLY thing my heart truly desires.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Olea it WAS!!!!!!! You will have so much fun when you come!!!

      Delete