Monday 7 October 2013

A Sunday Miracle

This entire weekend I spent my time down the Gold Coast serving the community. A little minor interruptions like going shopping and getting distracted but my main focus was to help those in need with my fellow Brisbane YSA! We had a mini service convention. Saturday morning we were helping out with the RDA and fixing up their arena. What they do is teach the disabled children how to ride horses. So we made it a WOW place to go to by revamping the entire place. This included digging, painting, scrubbing, fixing. You name it we done it. But last night hit me the most.

Sunday, we went to the beach to kind of chill for an hour or so before we had church at 3:30pm and well that was fun. Just being together and talking was actually really fun. But I didn't realise how much of an effect Sunday night would really have on me. I thought it was going to be uh testimonys and it'll be like a normal Sunday. Hardly tuning in to listen. Wasn't I proven wrong. The testimonys shared just blew me right out of the waters. I asked people after how did they think of the meeting and they were like it was so incredibly boring and couldnt feel the spirit and i was like are you serious?! It truly was there with us. I certainly felt it as i gave each one my undivided attention. It's like each speaker had something I needed to be listening to. I was so in tune with the spirit and it was so incredibly strong I felt like crying through a lot of the testimonys. And even if a person just got up to say a normal testimony, I could see the sweet innocent spirit of this person and I knew they were speaking of truth. The first two speakers I shed tears. Once it was open to the congregation to speak, the first speaker, her name was Debbie and she has Down syndrome. She has such a pure spirit and could get up in front of everyone and despite her speech impairment was able to speak the things on her mind. She showed me her love for our Heavenly Father and I certainly felt it. Her friend, also had Down syndrome and you couldn't understand anything but the fact he got up and the smile on his face when he left the stand... It was like a smile that he just WON. His smile did not once leave his face, not once whilst listening to the other speakers. Their was just a glow about each speaker. One girl got up and was so upfront and it made me tear. She's like go and serve that mission, if you don't, you WILL NOT recieve those blessings that were intended for you. Someone else will take them from you. Go and get them. And there was this boy who shared wi is that his trials are so hard to bear and they were heavy. He said that he will conquer them, he will go on his mission and the one thing he wants to see is, he wants to see each and every one of us in celestial kingdom. He was so firm that I had to look away. The love this boy had for his fellow men that he didn't even know just blew me away and I realised those that do me wrong, they just don't know what they are worth as of yet and I should have the same mindset. They are as much a child of god as I am, whether they are baptised or not, we are all the same. I chose to come to earth and so did they. They deserve the same right as I do to gaining a spot in celestial glory. But the number one boy that made me like cry is a recent convert of 6months who got up and bore his testimony. He said he will serve his mission and he's working hard and trying to go temple each week. He said when he goes on his mission he hopes to by the end have converted one person. I was like okay then. Then he continued on to say he hopes to have converted himself. That shook me. That's exactly the same as me. It's just each person had something for me to hear and I'm glad i listened to the promptings and went as I was just going to go to my home ward. Everything sure happens for a reason. My trials and starting to get hard. I have realised that now since submitting my mission papers. Sometimes I want to cry as they are at times so hard to bear. The feelings hurt. The things are wrong. I just want it to be over and I know that when I'm on my mission it will be. Well hopefully forever but for 18months they will be gone. I sure hope but i know that without a shadow of a doubt that my Father in heaven will help me when the time is right. He knows exactly what im going through and as i rely on Him, i know i will be fine. I know that now I know where I want be, and I know a little bit more of who I am and who i see myself becoming and know more of the qualities I would like to find in my eternal companion that is waiting for me.


1 comment: